Monday, April 18, 2011

YUMMY Enchiladas!

I am the kind of person who is not good at following recipes! In fact, the majority of what I cook I do not have written down! This is one of those meals I do not have a recipe for but wanted to share because I love it! I will do my best to write it out for you! The best thing about this recipe is it is hard to mess up!!! :)
What you need:
16oz of Sour Cream (could be 14 oz. I cannot remember how much came in a tub).
2 cans of cream of mushroom or cream of chicken (I use mushroom because my husband LOVES mushrooms)
1 and ½ bags of mexican blend shredded cheese
½ onion (or if you are like me and hate to chop onion you can used onion flakes. I think I use about 1/4th a cup, maybe a bit less).
13oz green chili (I like to use Bueno Autumn Roast)
One pack of corn or flour tortillas
 
 ~5 chicken breasts
What to do:
Preset oven to 350*
Boil Chicken till done. Let cool and shred.
Mix Chile, sour cream, cream of mushroom and diced onion together (creamy mix)
In a large casserole dish spread a thin layer of creamy mix (this helps it not to stick on the bottom)
Layer ingredients:
Tortillas
Creamy Mix
Chicken
Cheese
End with a layer of creamy mix and a hefty layer of cheese
Cover and place in oven for 30 min. After 30 min uncover and leave in for another 15min.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment