Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Pillow Problem

I have had the same ugly pillows for three years now (I am sorry if you have these too as they seem to be a common choice). They came with the couch. I have always wanted to replace them but have never wanted to spend $30 a pillow doing so. This year I had enough! I decided to have a pillow make-over...or cover-over... I bought fabric (on sale for $4 a yard) and string to begin my makeover. I then called my mam and had her explain, in detail, how to sew pillow covers. Once that was done I began to needle point. This is the result of many weeks of work and very little $. I cannot say that I am in love with the pillows now, but I think it is an improvement!

Before:


After:



(Ok, I kind of need to clean the last one off. It still has fabric pencil on it)

2 comments:

  1. Wow those are SO good!! You have to be super patient to do that. I'm so impressed. Good job :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, yeah. Big improvement. And the fact you made them makes them even more special!

    ReplyDelete