Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Just Because Chocolate Chip Cookies




I have no idea where I found this recipe. But it is yummy!  

 Step 1. Find yourself a little helper.
Chocolate Chip Cookies



2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoons salt
3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cups white sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 egg
1 egg yolk
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips (I like to use milk chocolate)



Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets or line with parchment paper.








Sift together the flour, baking soda & salt; set aside.

In a medium bowl, cream together the melted butter, brown sugar & white sugar until well blended. Beat in the vanilla, egg, & egg yolk until light & creamy.

 Mix in the sifted ingredients until just blended. Stir in the chocolate chips by hand using a wooden spoon.





Drop cookie dough 1/4 cup at a time onto the prepared cookie sheets. Cookies should be about 3 inches apart.











Bake for 15 to 17 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the edges are lightly toasted. Cool on baking sheets for a few minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.



Enjoy

4 comments:

  1. I think having a cute little helper makes all the difference!

    And seriously, your cookie dough is shaped so neatly and placed so perfectly on the sheet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holly & Yanet, Thank you so much for the comments. It makes me so happy that people I do not know are reading my blog. Yay! I must say that my little helper is as sweet as the cookies (as long as he is not trying to pull out my hair).

    Holly, I think I am a little OCD about the placement of my cookie dough. Not sure why, I think it is just pretty that way. It makes me feel like a real baker. :) Thank you for noticing! It made my day. :)
    I hope you both have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww he is such a cutie!! :) I want to try to make cookies now hehe

    ReplyDelete