Thursday, March 10, 2011

Challenged by a Friend

I have started a blog. For the third time...

Given my two previous blogging (is that a word?) failures I was convinced that I would never again give this blog thing a try.

But I have been challenged by a friend.

This makes me think.

Not about blogging but about friends. According to my Facebook I have 277 friends (not bad for a homeschooler). 277 faces. Do I really know these friends? Do they challenge? Do I challenge? I am not talking about challenging people to start blogs but about real challenge. Proverbs 27:17 says, "As iron sharpens iron, so a friend sharpens a friend." Am I truly getting to know these friends? Am I challenging?

I have found great encouragement in the friends who have stepped forth and challenged me (thank you Cynthia). I praise God for those people in my life. And it is my prayer that I may truly challenge and edify those I call my friends.

As for the blog... Third time is a charm?

1 comment:

  1. Yes the third time is the charm! I love that verse. I think as friends, we sometimes forget that, at least I know I do. I love the challenge of "sharpening". You're blog is so cute and I love the picture of your sweet family!

    ReplyDelete