Thursday, March 10, 2011

White Chocolate Popcorn

Yum! I make this every Christmas for friends and family but it can be enjoyed all year!
 
White Chocolate Popcorn

What You Need:
  • 3/4ths bag of white chocolate chips
  • 2 bags of lightly salted popcorn (or the equivalent)
  • 1 tablespoon coconut oil (olive oil may also be used)
  • Large casserole dish
  • Double boiler
What You Do

  1. Pop the bags of popcorn and spread evenly in casserole dish (make sure you take out all the unpopped kernels).
  2. In the double boiler melt the chocolate and oil until smooth on medium low. DO NOT OVERHEAT!
  3. Pour the chocolate over the popcorn and mix (I find that once the chocolate has cooled enough it is easier to do this with your hands)
  4. Place in fridge to cool for about 15 min.
How to make it your own!
Once I was comfortable with making this simple recipe I started to make it my own. Before the chocolate cools sprinkle with your choice of toppings.

A Few Ideas

  •  Red chili powder,
  •  Peppermint hot chocolate mix and mini chocolate chips
  • Cinnamon (YUM!)

3 comments:

  1. This is definitely a fave!! You should post the chocolate chip cookie recipe!!

    Yay for blogging!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to try this. Yum! I agree... yay for blogging :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will post the cookie recipe. I wanted to post photos with it but will have to make more for that..

    ReplyDelete