Monday, March 14, 2011

Love a Deal!

As a new mom people love to give you clothes for baby. You are showered with new born clothes.  I soon found out baby does not stay a new born forever and eventually grows out of these clothes. Because Asher is so small I have been able to stay away from buying clothes for him for a lot longer than expected.  But as Asher grows he is now quickly running out of clothes. Thankfully, the Lord's blessings in this area have continued!

If you are from Albuquerque and are a parent you are sure to have heard of a store called "Other Mothers." It is here that you can buy used children’s clothes for just a few dollars. I have now found that this is overpriced! Say what? Let me explain. Every Saturday Other Mothers has two sales. The first is a 25 cent sale. This is basically a mad dash to find clothes in your baby's size for just a quarter an item (be careful not to get an elbow in your eye because it is a bit crowded). The next sale that starts later in the day is a dollar a bag sale. It is this sale that I was able to come away with some fantastic loot! I paid just $2.14 for all of the clothes pictured below (baby not included). So, if you do not mind sifting through piles and piles of clothes (no organization whatsoever) to find something, untorn, unstained and in the size you need it is an amazing way to stock a very empty closet. It is amazing what you can fit into a bag when you really try!
I have to say Asher is quite excited about all his new clothes!

2 comments:

  1. What a great deal! I know I asked you what size Asher is wearing now but I can't remember what size you said... what size does he wear?

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is in 9 month clothes right now. :) They are a little big but not bad. My little boy is growing up so fast!

    ReplyDelete